Family Photo Session
Want to know how to make your next family photo session a stress free one?
Family photos are truly timeless and such a great keepsake for future generations. Getting the family together to take those perfect portraits can turn into chaos if not approached correctly. There is usually a lot more to consider when it comes to a family photo session since there are members of all ages, which means that there is some extra coordination involved.
Below are some family photo session ideas and tips to keep you and your loved ones calm and smiling the whole way through.
- Timing is everything. If you have younger children involved in the session, try and arrange the photo session at a time when they would be well rested. A rested child makes for happy photos. On that note, make sure that all family members have gotten enough sleep the night before as this helps with the fun and relaxation aspects of the session.
- Dos and don’ts of bribery. Get your family excited about the photo session instead of offering a reward in return for their cooperation. This tends to lead to forced smiles and an irritated bunch of people. If you do have small children coming along it’s not a bad idea to give the photographer some bribery options in the form of toys or small food items to make those difficult moments a little easier
- Relinquish control. As much as you’ll want to direct your children on where to stand and how to pose, it’s best to leave that to the photographer as they know what works best. Not having this pressure will also make you feel more relaxed.
- It’s not just about the posing. The best photos happen when you’re having fun so joke and play with your children, hold your significant other’s hand, give he or she a kiss on the cheek or embrace your loved one with a hug and just let the moments happen.
- Plan ahead. Discuss all of your requirements with your photographer beforehand so that the family photo session can just flow. Let your photographer know if you want specific pictures taken so this is already planned for to make your experience flawless and relaxing.
- Keep those sugar levels up. If everyone is well fed, the photo session will also run a lot smoother. It’s also not a bad idea to take a few snacks and some water along for those who might need it.
Enjoy capturing your memories to display those moments, in the walls of your home, and the walls of your heart!